Are You Kidding Me?!

Are You Kidding Me?!

Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Gimme a Break

So the kids are home for February break. "Winter Break."

Déjà vu. (Literarally: having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past.) Thanks, wikipedia, you always come through for me in a big way.

Anyway, not that I don't just adore having the kids running around "playing" (stomping and shouting and bumping into things and crying) but didn't they just have a break? Like a few weeks ago? For the winter holidays? Another "Winter Break"? I believe they're getting a "Spring Break" soon, too. Give me a break.

Everyone is complaining about the snow. OH! The dreaded snow! Too much snow! Too many snow days! My kids will be going to school until July!

Here's a thought...get rid of the superfluous February break and they can have as many snow days as they need without extending the school year too far. I'm sure this has already been suggested somewhere by someone but I haven't heard it. And if it was, why didn't the schools do away with this ridiculous vacation?

Whatever. The kids are home. Again. Yay.