Are You Kidding Me?!

Are You Kidding Me?!

Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

I Told You So!

Misbehaving kid. Shocker. Knocking stuff all over the floor, parent not doing anything. Shocker. Finally an associate working at the store comes over to the kid and tells him to stop doing that. Please.

The parent actually says—are you ready for this? The parent says, “Thank you. Thank you SO much.” I think my mouth is hanging open at this point.

Okay so the mom is polite, I guess, thanking the store clerk and all but she is thanking him for disciplining her child. Something she has not been doing. She didn’t yell at the clerk, didn’t say anything rude, but… I’m not sure what to make of this exchange. She thanked a stranger for telling her child not to act like an ass. Apparently, this is something she is incapable of doing.

Another kid. Misbehaving. Knocking stuff all over the floor. Parent looks around and says in a sing-song voice “You’d better sto-op…” but doesn’t do anything.

Again. Associate comes over to the kid and tells her to stop.

This time, the parent says “See? I told you you were gonna get in trouble. You got in trouble.”

I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Is this a “Nah-ner-nah-ner-nah-nah!” from a parent to her child?

Yah, my mommy never says 'no' she just says 'I told you so'...